Celebrating James Joyce since 1994
The Bloomsday in Melbourne (Australia) festival occurs annually on 16 June.
It celebrates James Joyce’s novel Ulysses – its humour, its challenge to rethink the world, its experimentalism.
It aims to show that Ulysses is for everyone.
- Once Upon a Bar-Stool, an Irish-Australian play by celebrated actor/writer Felix Nobis on 6 September 2015. More information…..
- Bloomsday 2016 - A Year of Centenaries, so what better than A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, at a central city location – information to come.
- Bloomsday will mark the centenary of the Easter Rising of 1916 with
- a rehearsed reading of Sean O’Casey’s The Plough and the Stars on 27 February 2016 at 2pm and 7.30pm at the Celtic Club
- a poetry reading of poems about the Easter Rising by contemporaries and victims of it at the Celtic Club on 15 April 2016.
Both events are supported by the Cultural Heritage Committee of the Celtic Club